Dynamics AX 2012 R3, the next release of Microsoft’s enterprise resource planning (ERP) product, has made its official arrival in April 2014. This announcement was made during the opening keynote of its Convergence 2013 EMEA conference, that took place in Barcelona, Spain in November 2013.
The keynote address, delivered by Microsoft Business Solutions Executive Vice President, Kirill Tatarinov and Microsoft International President Jean-Philippe Courtois, focused on how people and businesses can reimagine the way they engage with customers, build brand relevance, and collaborate to stay ahead of the ever-changing market and business environments.
The most recent update of this offering had taken place in December 2012 when Microsoft launched Microsoft Dynamics AX R2. The latest release, Dynamics AX 2012 R3 will enable the product to be sold both as an on-premises solution and as a cloud service hosted on Windows Azure, Microsoft said.
“Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 R3 introduces support for deployment on Windows Azure via Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), bringing customers true choice and portability between on-premises and private cloud deployments, along with all the benefits and security features that come with the world-class Windows Azure service,” Microsoft said in its announcement.
In a recent MSDN blog post Pepijn Richter shared some of the exciting new features and updates existing and prospective customers can expect from R3. Richter highlights that customer centricity was the key objective when setting out on the developments of this release and quoted that companies would engage with customers on their terms, run agile operations to exceed their customers’ needs, and expand their business to better serve customers.
Some of the features and tools highlighted in Richters post include:
Engage with Customers on Their Terms
- Microsoft Dynamics AX R3 allows for omni-channel shopping experiences allowing for multiple storefronts and languages.
- New social channels integration and ecommerce new features in Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 R3 let teams work together to serve customers in new ways, including support for customer-specific pricing, wish lists, and unassisted sales.
- Dynamics AX R3 also offers enhanced support for loyalty programs across legal-entities and tiering of customers as well as enhanced gift card functionality.
- Improved social integration offers access to Facebook and Twitter campaign elements out of the box.
Addressing changing customer needs
Microsoft Dynamics AX R3 allows for swift responses to changing customer needs.
- New and integrated Warehouse and Transportation Management capabilities helps you provide your customers with the fulfillment and enhances the distribution offerings
- Improved global supply chain management. R3 offers increased visibility into supply chain operations helps balance inventory and operating expenses. In addition, Dynamics AX now also provides support for basic SKU-level demand forecasting based on historic data, using a combination of Microsoft SQL Server and Microsoft Excel to view, visualize, and edit the forecast data.
- Improved integration pertaining to warehousing and transportation capabilities customers now benefit from insight into their global supply chain and can collaborate with customers to advise on delivery times and order changes.
The Mazik Global team will also be sharing what industry clients in Healthcare, Education as well as existing customers of MazikAX can expect from these enhancements in the coming weeks. To receive the latest updates directly in your inbox please sign-up for news and updates from Mazik Global and its stakeholders.
Should you wish to book a demo with one of the Mazik Global representatives in your region and find out how your organization can reimagine the way you do business with customers, build brand relevance and stay ahead of the ever-changing market and business environments, contact us today.